We are on the hunt for a superstar Volunteer Manager to come and join our tight-knit, global team.
|Location||Anywhere with a strong internet connection|
|Time||10 hours a week|
|Application||Applicants please fill out this form here before 14th December 2021.|
We are looking for a dedicated and inspirational Volunteer Manager to recruit, train and lead our Global Greens volunteers who generously give up their time, all over the world, to help spread the Green message and support our cause. Our ideal candidate is a born leader who seeks to empower and motivate their team with unmatched energy and enthusiasm.
About Global Greens:
We are the only global organisation with 100+ Green Parties worldwide, as well as Members of Parliament, Foundations, Think Tanks and individuals, working together for an environmentally and socially just world.
Reporting to the Executive Secretary, and with the assistance of the Global Greens team, the duties of the Volunteer Manager include but are not limited to:
- Develop and deliver the Volunteer Program for 2022 and 2023 in conjunction with the Global Greens membership base
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure that the program fits within the overarching Global Greens strategy and aligns with our vision and values
- Maintain an accurate and up to date database of volunteers globally, working to recruit when necessary and ensuring diverse representation wherever possible
- Inspire and motivate the volunteer team through effective delegation and leadership
- Monthly ‘check ins’ and training sessions with volunteers
- Actively promote and be a champion of the Global Greens Volunteer Program
- Write promotional materials and support materials for information sessions
- Establish metrics for volunteer success, perform appraisals and provide references
- Work within budget as set out by the Global Greens Secretary.
Skills and experience required:
- At least three years of relevant experience managing or coordinating teams or volunteers, preferably in an NGO environment
- Ability to plan and manage simultaneous projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English (other languages are a bonus)
- Ability to delegate and problem solve
- Sound knowledge of social media, database tools and virtual meeting software
- Passion, empathy and understanding of others
- A knowledge of environmental policy and Greens policy is desirable
- A “can do” attitude and one that enjoys working in a small but hard working team from all corners of the globe
- A flexible mindset, and understanding of the changing/evolving nature of working with large teams and multiple stakeholders
As this is a remote role, our Volunteer Manager can work from home or their chosen environment, however, they must have access to a fast and reliable internet connection as well as be available for meetings with the wider Global Greens team and to manage their team in person when required.
6 month probationary period as well as regular monthly one-on-one reviews with the Executive Secretary to ensure both parties are satisfied with progress.
What you can expect when working with the Global Greens
The Global Greens strives to create the conditions that allow people to unite to bring the principles of the Global Greens Charter to life. The Global Greens is an equal opportunity employer; we are committed to inclusion and diversity, and work to empower and support our team to be the best they can be irrespective of gender, age, religion, disability, status and sexual orientation. What matters to us is commitment, experience and work ethic.
To achieve the above we respect one another’s culture, ideas, experiences and time. We strive to make working with us as enjoyable, productive and beneficial to you as possible. The perfect candidate will embrace and adhere to our values and commitments that include respect, responsibility, empathy and the opportunity that we all have to make a positive difference in the world.
How to apply:
Applicants please fill out this form here before 14th December 2021. The first round of interviews will be held shortly after the application deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted as a result of this process.