If you dream about scaling Green politics around the world, thrive when working across diverse cultures and love putting plans into action then this is the perfect role for you.
|Location:||Anywhere with a strong internet connection|
|Time:||24hrs / week|
Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for a dedicated, hardworking and exceptionally organised individual to develop and implement strategies to achieve the Global Greens Vision. In this exciting and multifaceted role you will be working to connect Greens organisations from all over the world, supporting the work of Co-Convenors and working to strengthen Green representation globally.
About Global Greens:
We are the only global organisation with 100+ Green Parties worldwide, as well as Members of Parliament, Foundations, Think Tanks and individuals, working together for an environmentally and socially just world.
What you’ll be doing on any given day:
The Executive Secretary is responsible for implementing the Global Greens Strategy. Reporting to the Co-Convenors, and with the assistance of the Global Greens team, the duties of the Executive Secretary include but are not limited to:
Strengthen greens political representation globally by supporting Member Parties to build relationships as well as share tools, resources and information:
- Support the co-Convenors of Networks and Working Groups to build participation in respective groups and and run campaigns.
- Manage and support paid Secretariat Staff.
Global Greens Administration
Ensure Global Greens meets administration and legal requirements of our Constitution, Charter, Statues and Rulebook by:
- Prepare and circulate meeting agendas & minutes for the Global Greens Coordination and Executive.
- Administration and management of the Global Greens Membership
- Support the Treasurer to develop process improvements for optimal budget management
Increase the awareness and visibility of the Global Greens internationally, as well as the solidarity between Member Parties:
- Through the development and distribution of: (A) Newsletters; (B) Social Media; (C) Political Statements; and (D) by maintaining a vibrant website.
- Ensuring timely and professional responses to all internal communication.
Build the sustainability and capacity of the Global Grenes network by:
- Building a pipeline for Membership to access grants from major Foundations.
- Increasing Global Greens recurring donors.
- Running timely crowd-fundraising campaigns for key events.
Skills and experience required:
- Strong analytical and data-driven mindset
- Attention to detail
- Experienced Project Manager
- Experienced Leader and Manager
- 3+ Years working for a Greens Party in volunteer or paid position
- Multilingual – English and at least one other language.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Experience working in organisations with diverse cultures
- Fundraising – both major donor and recurring donor programs
- Experience managing CRMs and websites (preferably Salesforce and WordPress)
- Experience managing social media
As this is a remote role, our Executive Secretary can work from home or their chosen environment, however, they must have access to a fast and reliable internet connection as well as be available for meetings with the wider Global Greens team and to manage their team in person when required.
6 month probationary period as well as regular monthly one-on-one reviews with the Co-Convenors to ensure both parties are satisfied with progress.
We will do our best to provide the salary of a Project Manager commensurate with your experience. Please see here to find information for your respective country.
What you can expect when working with the Global Greens
The Global Greens strives to create the conditions that allow people to unite to bring the principles of the Global Greens Charter to life. The Global Greens is an equal opportunity employer; we are committed to inclusion and diversity, and work to empower and support our team to be the best they can be irrespective of gender, age, religion, disability, status and sexual orientation. What matters to us is commitment, experience and work ethic.
To achieve the above we respect one another’s culture, ideas, experiences and time. We strive to make working with us as enjoyable, productive and beneficial to you as possible. The perfect candidate will embrace and adhere to our values and commitments that include respect, responsibility, empathy and the opportunity that we all have to make a positive difference in the world.
How to apply
Deadline for applications is the 16th December 2021. Please fill out this form or click on the below button to apply.