DECLARATION OF THE ECOLOGICAL GREEN PARTY OF THE REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA
On the Human Rights Violations by the Separatist Regime of the Transnistrian Region in relation to the citizens of the Republic of Moldova
The Green Ecological Party is shocked and deeply concerned by the actions taken against the citizens of the Republic of Moldova by the separatist regime from the Transdniestria region during this difficult time for all humanity. The pandemic crisis faced by people around the globe is also a test for all parties involved in the settlement process of the Transnistrian conflict. The crisis can only be effectively solved if there is communication, cooperation and solidarity between us all.
On March 17, 2020, the self-proclaimed administration of the Transnistrian region of the Republic of Moldova declared state of emergency and imposed drastic quarantine related to COVID-19 throughout the illegally occupied territory. Since the establishment of the state of emergency, the Tiraspol separatist authorities are permanently restricting the rights of the people in the region. As a result of these restrictions, citizens from the villages under the jurisdiction of legal authorities from Chisinau, are forbidden access to their agricultural land and access to other privately own legal assets. In violation of the previous agreements achieved between Chisinau and Tiraspol, the separatists installed illegal checkpoints including in the Security Zone and on the territory controlled by the Legal Authorities of the Republic of Moldova. Separatist’s actions towards the citizens of the Republic of Moldova cannot be justified even during the emergency created by the COVID-19 pandemic. With regret, the latest increasingly abusive actions of the so called Transdniestrian administration show that the Chisinau constitutional authorities are not able to defend their citizens and cannot ensure the implementation of effective medical insurance measures.
Last week there were reported numerous cases of blocking the free movement of doctors and pharmacists by the so-called Transnistrian authorities, and on the morning of April 3, 2020, according to a Promo-Lex report, the citizens of the Republic of Moldova Cebotari Anatolii and Carpov Alexei from Molovata Nouă village, Dubăsari district, were detained by the militia representatives from the town and detain in captivity for a period of 14 (fourteen) days by a so-called court from the separatist area. Mr. Cebotari A. and Carpov A are employees of Dubasari district central hospital as ambulance drivers in the emergency department and at the time of detention they were on their way to their place of service.
Today, medical staff worldwide are in the front line of the fight for the future of humanity. These “soldiers” of the fight against COVID-19 are supported, helped, encouraged and appreciated for their work. Only in the Transnistrian region of the Republic of Moldova they are harassed and intimidated for their work.
The Green Ecological Party considers the actions of the separatist regime in Tiraspol of intimidating medical staff during times of epidemiological crisis as activities against humanity and defying the efforts of the whole society in combating this pandemic. We consider that these actions are part of a criminal policy of the illegal regime in Tiraspol directed against the population of the villages from the left bank of the river Dniester, that are under the jurisdiction of Chisinau. The inefficiency of the actions taken by the legal authorities of the Republic of Moldova, especially of the President Igor Dodon in defending the rights of our citizens, makes them direct accomplices of the separatist regime in Tiraspol.
The Ecological Green Party DEMANDS:
1. The Government of the Republic of Moldova and the Presidency shall take all necessary measures for the immediate and unconditional release of Cebotari Anatolii and Carpov Alexei from the illegal detention of the Tiraspol regime;
2. The Prosecutor General of the Republic of Moldova to launch against the separatist authorities in the Transnistrian region of the Republic of Moldova and the so-called “judges” a criminal case on the fact of illegally detaining the citizens of the Republic of Moldova.
3. Immediate withdrawal of the illegal checkpoints, placed by the separatist administration from Tiraspol in different localities on the left bank of the Dniester which are under the jurisdiction of Chisinau, including those within placed within Security Zone.
4. The Commission of Exceptional Situations should give a proper assessment of the current situation in the localities of the Transnistrian region, of the actions of the separatist regime and to inform the citizens of the Republic of Moldova truthfully.
The Ecological Green Party REQUESTS:
1. The diplomatic missions accredited in the Republic of Moldova to monitor the situation and take the necessary measures according to its competences.
2. The citizens of the Republic of Moldova be vigilant and inform the national authorities and the civil society about all the abuses committed by the so-called Tiraspol administration and constitutional authorities from Chisinau.
The Ecological Green Party of the Republic of Moldova, a full member of the European Green Party, will inform its colleagues, the European Parliament and the Council of Europe about the human rights abuses in the eastern districts of the Republic of Moldova and the inaction and helplessness of the constitutional authorities to protect its citizens against the so-called separatist administration from Tiraspol.
WE must be united!
WE must be in solidarity!
Solidarity spreads faster than the virus!
The Permanent Bureau
Ecological Green Party