How can we tackle the outrageous unfairness of the global financial system? Climate Finance is the top issue for the climate talks in December, but who believes that the world’s financiers are serious about climate action, let alone climate justice?
On the eve of the G7 Summit, Green parliamentarians and experts from around the world provide answers to some of the burning questions overhanging the G7 summit.
Moderated by economist and former Member of the European Parliament Molly Scott Cato, the forum will highlight Green leadership on two key Green demands from G7 and COP26 – Carbon Tax and Dividend, and Climate Justice – as well as provide a platform for voices from the Global South that are typically excluded from G7 deliberations.
- Elizabeth May, Member of Parliament, Parliamentary leader of Canadian Green and Global Greens Convenor of the Parliamentary Network
- Teanau Tuiono, Member of Parliament Green Party of Aotearoa New Zealand
- Martin Ogindo, Party Leader of Green Congress of Kenya and former Member of Parliament
- Alejandro Aguilera, Member of Parliament of Venezuela & General Secretary of the Movimiento Ecológico de Venezuela
- Dorothy Nalubega, African Coordinator for Global Greens Women’s network, Chairperson East African Green Women’s Network
- Evelyne Huytebroeck, Co-Chair of the European Green Party, Former, Former Minister of Energy and Urban Renovation of Belgium